- Adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result
- Actually in operation or in force; functioning
- Producing a deep or vivid impression; striking
Based upon those basic definitions, it is safe to say that many sales teams would not meet the criteria to be deemed effective.
Professional sales teams and individuals win time and time again, deliberately, because they continue to do the basic things at an elite level. Their success is the progressive and deliberate realisation of a worthwhile and planned goal.
When we ask for data to test a team’s effectiveness, we are often asked to explain more what we mean. Here are some questions to consider;
- To start with, are they hitting the desired sales targets, and if not, when was the last time they did and what has changed since then?
- What are their conversion rates at each stage of the sales process (enquiry to meeting to pre-agreement to commitment to signed agreement to money in the bank, etc.)?
- Are they getting proactive referrals from their existing clients?
- Do they have a tried and tested sales process that pre-conditions the sale early in the engagement with a new prospective client?
- Do they understand your specific differentiated value in the marketplace and are they articulating that to the right people or just taking the easy, predictable option like everyone else?
We complete a comprehensive Sales Effectiveness & Improvement Analysis (SEIA) on sales teams we are engaged to develop into world-class. We do this as part of our comprehensive evaluation process and to date; the minimum improvement that can be achieved has been 78% so that is why the guarantee exists! We don’t restrict the improvement to this level, it is often substantially higher than that with typical increases in excess of 180% but many business leaders initially struggle to comprehend how ineffective their teams have been prior to engaging us (so we like to under-promise then over deliver!).
We have often been quoted as saying “if you are a business leader whom is not willing to face the facts, learn and change, no one can help you and if you are determined to learn and change, no one can stop you!” Which type of business leader are you?
Contact our team to arrange an obligation-free initial consultation and let’s find out how much more your effective your sales team is capable of becoming?