Bookings Terms and Conditions
Agreements Prevent Dis-agreements!
We value your time and energy, just as we are sure that you value ours! We believe that agreements are designed to prevent disagreements and they help to make sure we are both focused on the best use of our time and energy! An appropriate amount of planning makes for a much more enjoyable experience for all involved no matter what size the event! Where we are engaged for an extended term or project, we will supply a separate contract that we can co-sign covering the type of specific deliverables that are more relevant to that style of business relationship.
By agreeing in advance to our terms and conditions for your booking, you will enable us to concentrate on delivering a world-class presentation that will meet and where ever possible exceed your expectations. Should you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please feel free to contact us directly.
Booking Confirmations for Events
- A ‘pencil’ booking will be made should you wish to make a tentative booking for an event that is more than 6 months away. In the event that another client is seeking to book one of our team at a time that will cause a conflict in their schedule, we will contact you beforehand to discuss options with you.
- Booking confirmations are typically expected to occur a minimum of 90 days prior to the commencement of the event in question.
- In order to confirm a booking, an invoice for 50% of the mutually agreed fees (treated as a non-refundable deposit) must be paid and a signed booking agreement must be returned. Only once both of these tasks have been completed, will a booking be treated as confirmed.
- The balance of the 50% of the fees due must be received into our bank account a minimum of (7) day prior to the date of the event commencing.
- Payment can be made via direct deposit or cheque and will be treated as received once the funds have cleared into our account.
- We require a key contact person to be nominated and where appropriate, have their after-hours and/or mobile contact details should there be any challenges arise.
Planning and Customisation
- Our aim is to produce world-class presentations, so any teleconferences, pre-event brainstorming sessions, etc. that we can assist with, we will do our best to be involved.
- Delivering us as much information in advance that will assist us to customise our presentations is greatly appreciated and in all parties interests.
- We have found the following very useful over the years; Agendas, a list of any pre and post relevant events, company positioning statements, participant profiles, anything that assists us better understand the audience/participants.
- We are happy to sign mutual non-disclosure agreements where requested and considered appropriate after having the chance to fully review them in advance.
- We will assist with marketing initiatives to promote the upcoming event where ever possible once it is confirmed.
- Should you require marketing materials, please request a Media Kit for more information.
- All mutually agreed additional expenses incurred by us will be invoiced separately and are due for payment 7 days from invoice.
- Accommodation is required for the night prior to the date of the booking. For Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, this may be waived depending on how early the event starts.
- Accommodation expenses – wherever possible, these should be charged back to your ‘Master account’ or prepaid.
- Please issue us with a copy of the accommodation booking confirmation in advance.
- Accommodation should be business standard and as close to the venue for the presentation as practically possible.
- Please request a non-smoking room and a late check-out where available.
- Any food and beverage or other incidentals costs will be paid by us separately.
Flights and Transfers
- We fly Economy class within Australia and to New Zealand and requires a flexible fare.
- All other flights are to be discussed and mutually agreed in advance as to whether business class flights are required.
- We prefer to fly Qantas and to make it easy; Craig’s Frequent Flyer number is QF0467301. Should a Virgin Australia flight be required, his Velocity Member number is 2103040905. We will supply other team members details as required.
- Airport transfers (plus taxis to and from the venue where applicable) are required. Please supply cab charge vouchers wherever possible.
Presentation Technical /Audio Visual Requirements
- Any technical or AV set ups that are outside the details below MUST be discussed in advance. Please contact us if you have any doubts whatsoever!
- Depending upon the size of the room and the number of participants, the following requirements apply;
- Wireless lapel or headset microphone for more than 20 participants.
- Data projector (preferably overhead if at all possible) and screen for all bookings.
- One flip-chart with quality paper (we will supply our own markers).
- Depending upon the set-up, we usually run our presentations from our own laptop. This requires both video and PC sound output (sound 3.5mm jack is at the front and the video is at the rear so potentially a longer or extension cable may be required).
- We will supply a remote clicker/laser pointer. It requires a spare USB port to operate so please ensure one will be available if you are supplying the laptop/PC.
- Where the presentation must be run from an alternate PC/notebook, it must be operating Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or later version and have AV capacity to operate as defined above. Our presentation will then run from a USB connected portable hard-drive and no copy can or will be made to that machine’s internal hard-drive.
- NB: We have some of the AV equipment mentioned above and depending upon location and travel timetables, may be able to supply it to help keep the costs down. Discuss this in advance if an option you want to consider?
- Lighting – we like to work with as much light on the stage and in the room as possible as long as the image projected on the screen is clearly visible.
Recording and Copyright
- We do not waive our moral rights. Whilst we are reasonable when it comes to recording our presentations, express permission is always required beforehand regardless of the format.
- Please contact us well in advance of the event to discuss any requests for recording our presentations.
- Strict conditions will apply where permission for recording has been granted.
- Professional flash photography is acceptable and is to be managed so as to not distract the participants or the presenter/facilitator.
- We will never use a paid speaking event to promote any of our other products or services.
- If you as the client wish to do so, you may choose to mention our websites / other details.
- We will only ever mention our website as part of an informal conversation or to allow participants to access the free resources available.
- Once a booking is confirmed, the non-refundable deposit will be forfeited in the case of a cancellation.
- At our discretion, the deposit may be carried over to another booking.
- The full fee is due and payable immediately in the event of a cancellation less than 30 days prior to the planned presentation.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to complete the agreed presentation, all fees will be returned in full.
- It is at the client’s discretion if they choose to not request the refund and transfer the payment to another booking.
Any other questions?
- The above terms and conditions are supported by our booking confirmation agreement and in the case of any ongoing consulting, our full set of terms and conditions available on request.
- Any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly to discuss them.
Having read to this point, we trust that these terms are to your satisfaction and that you agree to them as stated. We look forward to a mutually beneficial business relationship and meeting then quite possibly exceeding your expectations!